Spicy Saturday Snack

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fried rice may not be exactly a "snack", but for the larger sized me, it is!

I opened up a tin of spicy sardines the other day and it has been sitting in the fridge for days. So rather than waste it, I decided to make spicy fried rice (my husband would otherwise get annoyed seeing it in the fridge after some time, then throw it in the bin).

Here's what I used:
Leftover rice mixed with half a cube of Maggi Tomyam Soup cube, a bit of chopped shallots, minced garlic, Chinese leeks, roasted anchovies, 1 egg - beaten, and of course the spicy sardine.

Let's get cooking:
  1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan
  2. Throw in the shallots and garlic
  3. Pour in the egg
  4. Before the egg sets, pour in the rice
  5. Stir until the rice is evenly coated with egg and egg is cooked
  6. Throw in the spicy sardine
  7. Last but not least, put in the leeks and anchovies. Stir and turn off the heat.

Done. A Superb Spicy Saturday Snack for me: Spicy Fried Rice

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Of Sugar & Spice Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino