Pineapple Apple Crumble Pie

Saturday, May 1, 2010

One of the great things about my parents place is that they have fruit trees & plants all around their compound. Mangoes, rambutans, coconuts, bananas, papayas, and pineapples just to name a few.

The other day when I went over for a visit, my dad asked me to take home a ripe pineapple. When I got home, I made sweet and sour prawn with pineapple chunks thrown in. But I only used half of the pineapple because I was cooking for just the 2 of us.

So what am I to do with the other half? I looked into our fridge and also found some apples given to us by my father in law which we haven't got round to eat. They've been there for 2 weeks now! So I decided to make use of the pineapple and apples to bake something new: Pineapple Apple Crumble Pie!

What I used:

Crust
  • Store bought

Filling (Apples)
  • 1 1/2 red apples, peeled, cored, chopped into small pieces
  • 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
There you have it. Pineapple Apple Crumble Pie. Best served with ice-cream!

Note:
I think that when making the topping (the crumble topping), it's best to just mix the ingredients in a large bowl using your fingers. It'll be a bit messy, but the consistency will be better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Of Sugar & Spice Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino