Potato Pork Rice

Monday, May 10, 2010

When we went to Taipei in 2007 I think it was, my then boyfriend and I used to visit this little shop near our hotel to have Minced Pork on Rice. It's a really simple dish of minced pork and potato.

Somehow, I had a craving for that Minced Pork on Rice today so I made my own version of it.

Here's what I used:
About 200g of minced pork, 1/2 onion - chopped, 2 small potatoes - peeled, and cubed into tiny pieces, 1/4 white carrot - peeled, cubed into tiny pieces, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, 1 cup water

Let's cook:
  1. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan
  2. Pour in onion and minced pork, stir
  3. Pour in white carrots and potatoes, stir
  4. Add in the oyster sauce and light soy sauce and continue to stir
  5. Add water when the pan becomes sticky
  6. Continue to stir/cook until the potatoes become soft.
Potatoes and Pork ready to be put on top of a bowl of steaming hot rice.

Note: In case you're wondering what happened to the boyfriend.... well, I married him a couple of years later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Of Sugar & Spice Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino