Chicken & Mixed Vegetables

Monday, May 3, 2010

My 3rd food blog in 3 days. We've covered something sweet, a simply snack and now let's have a savoury dish.

The Monday madness that I had today led me to only be able to go to the market at 4pm to buy some veges and meat. I really wanted to buy some fresh pork to cook for dinner. But as luck would have it, the pork seller has closed his stall already by then. Next best thing was chicken thighs. I bought 2 pieces huge chicken thighs at RM10 in total (RM10.40, but the lady at the stall let me have it for RM10).

My Mia was so good all the way to the market and back (though she did make a bit of a fuss coming on the way home. I think she still wanted to go for a walkabout in the market but Mummy's in a rush). Upon reaching home, played with her for a while and then carried her to the kitchen.

With Mia in her walker, I prepared our freshly bought vegetables and meat to cook dinner's main dish: Chicken & Mixed Vegetables. I can't think of a more interesting name... I had a mayhem of a Monday!

What I used:
500g chicken thigh, cut into bite size pieces
3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
half a carrot, peeled and diced
a quarter of a radish, peeled and sliced
3 baby corns, cut into small pieces
half a bell pepper, cut into small pieces
1 Chinese leek, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
1 teaspoon of cornflour - dissolved in room temperature water

  1. Heat a bit of oil (about 1 tablespoon) in a non stick frying pan
  2. Throw in the garlic and stir
  3. Pour the chicken pieces in and stir fry until chicken pieces turn white
  4. Add in the carrot, radish, baby corn and continue to stir fry
  5. Add half a cup of water into the pan and let it simmer
  6. Add the oyster sauce, bell pepper, and continue to stir
  7. Once cooked, pour in the cornflour and the sauce will thicken
  8. Turn of the heat and pour the Chinese leek in, and stir
Chicken & Mixed Vegetables ready to be served!

And all the while, 1 happy baby keeping me company in the kitchen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Of Sugar & Spice Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino